Website Accessibility Policy
This website for Ocean Sands Hotel is designed to be fully accessible to all. The site is designed in accordance with the W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and conforms to most priority 1,2 and 3 checkpoints.
Structured, semantic markup
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null alt attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AAA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and endorsed by the Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB). All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict and use structured semantic markup.
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist, a busy developer’s guide to accessibility.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
Accessibility software and services
- HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser.